Friday 10 November 2017

Brexit and My MP - Part 21


Fix the date and time of exit???? What an idiotic idea! Another missive to my MP



Dear Mrs Milton
 
In my recent perusals of the many proposed amendments to EU Withdrawal Bill I missed references to enshrining the exit date and time in law. I was alarmed and appalled, therefore, to read the following this morning:
 
"It will be there in black and white on the front page of this historic piece of legislation: the United Kingdom will be leaving the EU on March 29, 2019 at 11pm GMT."
 
I wrote to you some time ago about the folly of the premature triggering of Article 50, a warning that I believe has been borne out by subsequent events. To now fix the date of leaving in this way compounds that folly and would represent a move of negotiating suicide. I urge you to do everything in your power to exercise good judgement and ensure that such a step gets nowhere near the statute book.
 
Yours sincerely
 

Richard Bawden




Other parts of this sorry saga elsewhere in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment