Saturday 28 January 2017

Brexit and my MP - Part 5

Probably a vain hope but here is my latest to the Rt Hon Anne Milton MP:-


Dear Anne

On Wednesday you will have the opportunity to do something courageous. On 23 June 2016 in the advisory referendum on whether the UK should remain in the European Union you voted "Remain" as did the majority of those of your constituents who voted. Nothing I have seen or heard from you since indicates to me that you have changed your view on the fundamentals of the issue. However, it appears that you believe that the wishes of a minority of the electorate (37%) mandates you to support the triggering of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. May I remind you that Members of Parliament "have a general duty to act in the interests of the nation as a whole; and a special duty to their constituents."? Please examine your conscience and vote against facilitating the triggering of Article 50.


Yours sincerely

No comments:

Post a Comment