Sunday 3 March 2013

Just Smile

I've just returned from a holiday in Sri Lanka - well organised for us by Sri Lanka in Style.

One of the features that will long remain with me is the fact that all around one there were generally smiling faces. Many of the people we encountered are very poor - us middle-class Brits were considered most wealthy - and yet everywhere there were beaming grins. An ex-pat friend suggested that the moan gene does not exist in Sri Lanka  - we winge about our well-loaded, privileged lot and they are just happy.

I am going to try to meet them half-way. This blog will still feature the odd rant or two but out in the real world I shall try to smile, be happy with what I have, not even grumble about our politicians (that'll be a hard one), and generally be nice to folks. Would it not be a good thing if we all aimed to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment