Wednesday 15 April 2020

My New MP's Office Responded Pretty Quickly

But didn't really read my original email:



Dear Kris

Thank you for your rapid response.

May I bring to your attention a couple of things?

1) The automated reply from Ms Richardson's office asks that correspondents supply a telephone contact number. I do not understand why that is necessary. You have my email address for written interaction and my postal address to check against the electoral register so that you may be ensured that I am one of Ms Richardson's constituents. I suggest that you consider dropping the call for a telephone number to be supplied.

2) In my email I ask for Ms Richardson's approach to ensuring that COP26 is a success and for her take on not delaying conclusion of Brexit negotiations. In neither case is it necessary for "the relevant department" to reply.

Yours sincerely




Sent from my Personal account via my desktop.

On 14/04/2020 11:02, HEARSUM, Kristopher wrote:
Dear Richard,

Many thanks for your email regarding climate change.

I want to follow on from the automated response you would have received to let you know that I have read and noted the points you have raised and thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

We are dealing with a much higher volume of correspondence due to COVID19. However, I can confirm that your concerns have been raised with the relevant depertment who will respond more fully to the points you have kindly brought to our attention.

I appreciate your patience in the meantime. Stay safe.

Kind regards,

Kris Hearsum

Kristopher Hearsum | Office Manager
The Office of Angela Richardson MP
Member of Parliament for Guildford
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

No comments:

Post a Comment