Wednesday 6 December 2017

Brexit and my MP - Part 23

December 11th approaches and with it the debate on "a Vote on the Deal" triggered by a heavily supported petition. Consequently I'm having another little dig at my MP >>>>

Dear Mrs Milton,
Thank you for your 30th October response to my email of 8th October concerning amendments to the EU Withdrawal Bill.
I am sure that by now you are aware of some my views on the various ramifications of Brexit. However, may I remind you that on Monday the 11th December, Members of Parliament will be debating a petition calling for the public to be given a vote on the final Brexit deal.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the team in charge of the negotiations is unable to deliver the Brexit that many believe was promised in last year's referendum campaign.
Whatever the outcome of the talks, there is no doubt that Britain will end up poorer. The Office of Budget Responsibility has already confirmed lower growth and productivity. That will lead to less money for investment in hospitals, training, roads and rail and will clearly hurt many, if not all, of your constituents.
That is why I believe that it is illogical, and morally indefensible, to deny the British people the final say on the deal.
Therefore, by this email, I am urging you to attend this debate and to support the petition - as well as similar amendments to the EU Withdrawal Bill.
I look forward to receiving confirmation that you will be attending the debate (or supporting it if you can't attend) or your explanation if you are unable to or unwilling to.
May I further point out that in my 8th October email I requested similar explanations of your approach to the four amendments I highlighted therein. Your response of 30th October failed to supply such explanations. Brexit threatens the greatest fundamental changes to the life in the United Kingdom for some 40 years and, if enacted, will have repercussions that will last for decades. In a representative democracy you, as my MP, speak and act on my behalf and for my fellow constituents. It seems to me only right that we should know what you are doing in our joint names, and why.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
 Richard Bawden


HEY! CHECK OUT THE REST OF MY BLOG. IT AIN'T ALL DOOM AND GLOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment