Wednesday 23 September 2015

Sainsbury's New Food Waste Project

My friends at Edie have recently posted this. We certainly need to tackle the obscenity of food waste but I must admit that my first thought when reading this report was "Where's the message about simply purchasing less?". Of course, BOGOFs and the like make money for the supermarkets so the cynic in me is not surprised at the omission.

I was recently unfortunate enough to catch an episode of "Eat Well For Less" on BBC TV - the sort of "reality" programme that I find really grating (and it is headed up by shouty-shouty Gregg Wallace - one of the more irritating presenters on the box). However, I was staggered at the shere stupidity of the purchasing regime of the poor subjects of the programme. If Mr Wallace and Co. can have a positive effect through this programme then all power to their collective elbows. Not that I'll be watching again - of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment