Tuesday 29 September 2015

Electricity vs Fire

I have just finished reading "Electricity vs Fire", the latest offering from Walt Patterson. I have met and talked with Walt on a number of occasions on the conference circuit and have always found him deeply thoughtful, engaging and in possession of an inner humanity. All these qualities come across in this book which outlines very clearly why we must stop burning fossil fuels and transform our society to operate with "fireless" electricity.

Such is Walt's facility  words that this is an ideal book for the lay-person. Indeed, on occasion I was wanting Walt to "get on with it" but on reflection this was just because I've been in the business and know the arguments. The steady and logical route that Walt takes through the subject should cause few people difficulty in understanding. In fact, I think it should be required reading for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment