Friday 26 July 2013

No Consequential Improvement

A couple of weeks ago the High Court ruled against a judicial review of Eric Pickles' decision not to enact the consequential impovements proposals for new Building Regulations. While I cannot say I am surprised by the decision I must admit that I am disappointed that the case brought by ACE was not allowed to proceed further. Readers of this blog will know that I support the concept of consequential improvements as an important way of increasing the energy efficiency of the UK's housing stock. Furthermore, although I admit I have no analysis to prove the contention, I suspect that a permanenet consequential improvements requirement would be more beneficial to the construction industry/building trade than will the temporary relaxation of permitted development rights. It's that damn DCGL again!

No comments:

Post a Comment