Wednesday 28 November 2012

Planet Pickles Strikes Again

As ever, I'm slightly behind with my reading of news feeds. This, from the Grauniad, has just caught my eye. I have wondered before about the out-of-this-world phenomenon that is Planet Pickles. Perhaps he should just look at what can actually be achieved by careful implementation of fortnightly refuse collections. The service where I live - in Waverley - from my point of view as a consumer works excellently. And recyling rates are almost at 60% - not brilliant but pretty good and up on the rate from the borough's previous regime. Perhaps Pickles should look to rewarding councils that achieve high recycling rates and low total refuse volumes rather than bashing them for not following an outdated weekly reime.

No comments:

Post a Comment