Tuesday 9 October 2012

No Longer Eco-Bling

A few weeks ago ING Direct released the results of a small (apparently 1000 people) survey into what they consider to be property "deal-sealers" and solar pv came top at 38%. This is something of a change since the days when having such panels on your roof was regarded, rather sniffily, as eco-bling. This makes me wonder if their value is being properly priced into the overall consideration. I've just sent off for my second quarterly payment for my system and so far it looks as though I could achieve simple payback in under 10 years, just as I had calculated before signing on the dotted line. And that was allowing for a reasonably severe degradation rate. Even if one factors in the likely requirement for a replacement inverter after, say, 12 years that still makes these panels a pretty valuable asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment