Tuesday 15 November 2011

Energy Saving Week - Where?

I used to work at the Energy Saving Trust and recall an awful lot of effort and excitment going into the annual Energy Saving Week (almost always timed to coincide with the end of BST). This is the second year when I have been "out of the loop" and I happened to be particularly busy during the week so I wasn't actively looking for adverts/blogs/offers/advice etc. However, I still think I should have been sensitised to anything that did cross my radar, so it is particularly upsetting to say that hardly anything did - and certainly not anything impactful. EST is loosing its grant funding from DECC so there has to be a big question about how energy saving and green energy production is promoted in the future. EST may not have been particularly visible a couple of weeks ago but DECC's performance hardly inspires confidence:

Act on CO2? Damp squid
RHI? Debacle
FITs? Another shot in the foot
Green Deal? Don't hold your breath.

All rather worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment