Tuesday 2 August 2022

Cumbria Coal Mine Revisited

 Another missive to my MP:


Dear Ms Richardson,

I make no apology for returning to the subject of the proposed Whitehaven coal mine. I understand that the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities is due to make a decision on whether the project should be approved on or about 17th August. May I urge you in the intervening period to do all you can to persuade the Secretary of State that to allow the project to go ahead would be, as I have stated before, rank stupidity. This summer we have been experiencing a foretaste of the damaging consequences of anthropogenic climate change. I believe it to be a dereliction of the duty ministers have to ensure the well-being of the nation's citizens to promote any activity that would add more CO2 to the atmosphere thereby exacerbating what is already becoming an existential crisis.

Yours sincerely

Richard Bawden

No comments:

Post a Comment