Thursday 30 May 2019

Brexit and My MP - Part 52

Blimey! Something close to a reasonable response.



Dear Richard

Many thanks for contacting me about the contest for the next leader of the Conservative Party.

I share your concerns about a no deal Brexit. I continue to believe that it would have serious consequences and so I will do – as I have already done – all I can to make sure it doesn’t happen. I am a moderate, One Nation Conservative and will naturally be looking to support a candidate who accords with those values. It is now for the different candidates to set out their stall about how we deliver Brexit and bring the country back together.

I know you have argued before that a second referendum would be the best outcome at this point. We may indeed end up with a second referendum, although my reservations persist and I fear that nothing will be resolved in the process.

Thank you again for contacting me about this.

My best wishes,
Anne

The Rt Hon Anne Milton MP
Member of Parliament for Guildford
Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills

No comments:

Post a Comment