Wednesday 6 June 2018

Brexit (sort of) and My MP - Part 27 - Tier 2 Visas and the NHS


Not strictly about Brexit but it's part of the fallout:-




Dear Ms Milton

I have been following the recent exchanges about NHS staffing and restrictions arising from the operation of the Tier 2 visa system with increasing dismay. The evidence I have seen strongly points to NHS bodies being unable to recruit sufficient doctors because of these restrictions. Indeed, a good friend and neighbour has fallen foul of this problem having had a procedure twice delayed because suitably qualified staff were not available.

It seems to me to be utter nonsense to prevent the NHS from being fully staffed because of a seemingly arbitrary general cap on non-EU immigration. I therefore wish to add my voice to those who are calling for NHS staff to be totally exempt from the Tier 2 system; and I urge you to support such a move.

Yours sincerely

No comments:

Post a Comment