Thursday 12 October 2017

Brexit and my MP - Part 18


Still no response to my previous communication! (All other parts of this saga are available elsewhere in this blog.)



Dear Mrs Milton,
In July of this year I wrote to you deploring the fact that no formal impact assessment had been undertaken by the Government on the consequences of the proposed departure of the UK from Euratom.
Now, David Jones MP, Minister of State for Exiting the EU, has confirmed that impact studies have been undertaken for a wide range sectors of the UK economy. Unfortunately these studies have not been published.
How is it possible for Parliament to hold the Government to account without sight of these studies? How is it possible for the public to judge the consequences of Brexit with this information being kept under wraps?
I urge you to support the initiative instigated by David Lammy MP and Seema Malhotra MP to have these assessments placed in the public domain without delay. As my representative in Parliament you will be taking decisions on my behalf in the continuing Brexit process. I would like to be assured that you are doing so with the fullest possible knowledge of all its implications. Furthermore, I would like to understand the likely future for this country. How else may I plan for my own future?
Yours sincerely
Richard Bawden

No comments:

Post a Comment