Friday 8 October 2010

Shadow Cabinet

I guess there weren't too many surprises in the shadow cabinet elections (but isn't a wierd way of going about selecting your top team?). A couple of names to conjure with:

Yvette Cooper I found deeply unimpressive when she was at CLG. I can't really comment upon her performance at the Treasury. Does she have the oomph to be shadow chancellor?

Hilary Benn did good stuff at Defra - a certain amount subsequently undone by someone named Miliband! What's the betting on him having that shadow portfolio?

Caroline Flint I thought was a disaster at CLG. I'm not sure quite where her star is in the Labour firmament.

John Healey I found very impressive when I was party to the early discussion about a retailers' initiative on consumer electronics (he was at the Treasury at the time). I guess given his poll rating he'll get a reasonably senior shadow post.

So possibly Hilary Benn could get the shadow environment post - but who will cover Energy and Climate Change? I can't spot any obvious candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment